Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Facts and Figures

January 27th marks a year and 5 months since I left Canada and started travelling. It's been a fabulous time and, when I look back at all I've done and seen, it seems like I spent ten times that much time abroad. I find it overwhelming and intimidating to even try and list - randomly - some of the facts and figures.

I made new friends.
I've been to Africa for the first time.
I visited 15 countries.
I hiked in 8 countries.
I cycled in 9 countries.
I dipped (or swam) in the Atlantic and Indian Oceans, in the Red Sea, Lake Malawi and the Nile.
I cycled more than I did in the previous 39 years altogether.
I entered twice Namibia, Egypt, Syria, Tanzania and South Africa.
I've been on an African safari.
I've been to Annapurna and Everest Base Camps.
I hiked on the Great Wall.
I've been to Ngorongoro and Serengeti NPs.
I've been to Petra.
I saw the Pyramids.
I trekked up Mt. Kilimanjaro.
I've been to Lhasa.
I wrote more than 550 postcards. I lost count. My mom alone received 68 postcards.
I was up for and enjoyed more than 450 sunrises and sunsets. I lost count.
I shared and received thousands of smiles. I lost count very early on.
I spent all the money I had. I never did count :-)
I took over 40000 pictures. No worries, I'll have to go through all of these and filter out the garbage. Miserere mei, Deus.
I put on 8 kgs.
I read over two dozen books.
I filled 5 diaries, started a sixth.
I made great friends.

And I still consider Vancouver a great place to live in.

1 comment:

Liviana said...

Foarte frumos ai zis! Very touching stories! >:D<