Tuesday, January 13, 2009

PVD Officially Over

Since I'm at learning and relearning acronyms and keywords is there something like PVS? Post Vacation Syndrom. Or PVD? Post Vacation Depression. If not, let me coin it, while, at the same time, declaring it officially over in my case.

I am happy to report that I have finally managed to update this journal with the latest travel impressions from Syria, Lebanon and Turkey. I'm afraid though that, by trying to preserve the chronological order, I complicated the reading. By scrolling down or back to November you'll get to those posts. I do apologize for the inconvenience. But order comes first :-)

However, I report with major frustration that I couldn't do much about the pictures yet. In the struggle to read a 160GB HDD via a USB1.0 port I was defeated and devastated. It's taking forever, so patience is advised. I'll get there, eventually, with lots of coffee and a computer upgrade.

I have now finished updating my resume thanks to a lot of support from friends all over. It's awesome to have friends! Forget about ever paying for counselling. Make friends instead!

I am actively looking for plane tickets to Vancouver. And I've looked into the craziest options to try and save money. Did you know a Greyhound bus ride from Toronto to Vancouver only takes 2 days, 19 hours and some minutes? And only costs 147CAD if bought way in advance? Well, to be fully honest it also takes a mother ready to faint :-) I'll spare you the details, but all these ideas lose their brilliance in the morning over fresh coffee.
So tomorrow is my deadline for buying my ticket. Whatever it takes. Now that I'm over PVD I really, truly have no more excuse :-)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi veggie

I am glad your depression is over...mine comes and go and I did not do anywhere near what you have done.

I have found "normal" life a challenge...some days it works for me...others not...I put it this way..."touch freedom and the soul opens...then how to honour that opening and soaring.

I trust that you will arrive in Canada ready to find a way to continue being who you are in this world of North America.

If I could turn back the clock I would be back on the bike or the truck doing the TDA once more...and hopefully with the knowledge gained from the last time.

Don't forget...if you are in Toronto and are taking the bus to Vancouver let me know.

Cheers
Jamie

veggie2go said...

Hi Jamie,

the challenge of "normal" life will bring its ups and downs, for sure. It is very difficult to keep a sane balance sometimes.
The African experience has touched and changed us all, I'm positive about it. And most likely with the gained insight and understanding we'd go through it again enjoying it better and knowing what to focus on more. But such is life, without much rehearsals :-)
So far I was able to go through difficult times with no harm and toss bad memories aside easily. I'm not sure if it's a skill or just plain bad memory. I can't complain :-)
I hope to not get lost again in the race and try to stick to my thoughts, ideas and projects better than in the past. Time will show.

I am not taking the greyhound this time, but once it came to my mind the thought will lurk in the backwaters of my twisted mind ;-) And then, don't worry I'll let you know!

Cheers,
Diana